Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jamie Connor; President and (Weekend Segway Tour Operator)

Hello. I am Jamie Connor, owner of Moving Forward Rentals, LLC.


The Segway Rental and Tour business is a lot of fun and unique but is not where I "cut my teeth" (so to speak). When I was 12 years old I had a Soft Pretzel business! My Grandfather helped me pack 3 pretzels in a brown bag, throw in a couple packets of mustard, and pile them all in a large "newspaper bag". I would then sell 100 bags for $1 each on the beach in about 2 hours. Then I would call Gramps to bring the second batch and walk back making another $100! At 12 years of age, $200 in 4 hours was AWESOME! Then after a few weeks, I found out that their was this thing called a "Vendors License", you had to be a Senior Citizen and Veteran and things came to an end pretty quickly. No problem; the entrepreneurial seeds were sown.

20 years later, I am happily married with 4 beautiful girls. That's right 4 and all girls! Now, you can see where my drive to succeed comes from...that's 4 Weddings!!! So with a few other business ventures under my belt, I can say this is absolutely the most fun I ever had "working"!

Segway Tours and Rentals is exciting everyday! The look on people's faces when they "get it", when they are a top a Segway and realise how easy it really is. To see families enjoying their time together laughing and smiling while cruising and relaxing is AWESOME! To hear all the compliments from the many customers, all expressing the amazing experience they had while at Moving Forward Rentals. I just love it!

(The picture was taken before our newest princess baby Tessa Jaye was born in April.)

1 comment:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.